Saturday 31 March 2012

ACROSS THE MILES

As you would have notice there has been no updates on my blog page for quite some time.  I took some time out to travel back to my home town Edinburgh, Scotland to surprise my nana who is 80 years old and bring her back to Australia for a holiday to meet my three kids one of which she had never met.

It was the first holiday I had been with just my mum so it was nice for the two of us to spend some time together and create memories.  I had not seen my brother in just over 4 1/2 years and I was certainly glad to see him again!  Funny how the older you get people become more important in your life and I realised that when I saw my brother how much I actually miss him and how so alike we actually are.

Edinburgh is full of history so of course I was admiring the architecture, culture and of course the shops!  Out of  the two weeks there is only one thing that really stood out to me and that was people in poverty.  A few times we went into Edinburgh and I noticed the same girl on the same corner every time begging for money.  What actually made me look at her was her face she was very pretty but she was extremely sad and looked tired definately a face I would always remember.  Few weeks later on my facebook page my mum's cousin's husband had been taking some photo's in and around Edinburgh and I could not believe it he took a photo of the same young girl who I saw. I wanted to share it with you as it is a face I will never forget.  So thank you John for capturing this photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment