Wednesday 14 December 2011

REAL DEAL - RETRO BUFFET

I was given this real deal retro buffet which I must admit the colour was pretty horrid and painted so terrible as well.

I decided not to strip back buffet instead use thoses colours to my advantage.  As you can see from the photo's the stainless steel finishing has been painted so I had to soak them in thinners to get the paint off and bring back the original shine.  I definately wanted to use the old hardware as there was really nothing wrong with it.

I sprayed the cabinet white and light shabby chic'kd it bringing through the pinky and green colour and I was pretty chuffed as to how it turned out.

Putting the orginal hardware back on again just gave it a little bit of bling!

This item was advertised and sold the same day and is displayed in a Fremantle home.




No comments:

Post a Comment